Kids Therapy Spot is continuing to stay up to date and are implementing the recommendations set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in order to help keep our children safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19! Please read the following precautions we are implementing:
* All children and employees have their temperature taken when they arrive. If a persons temperature is 100.4 or above, they are sent home and not allowed to enter the building.
* All therapists and office staff are wearing face masks throughout the day. If your child is over 6 years of age and will tolerate a mask on his/her face, please have them wear one to be worn to and from the therapy room. If a parent chooses to come back to therapy with his/her child, they must also wear a face mask to be worn the entire time they are in the building. We are only allowing one family member back at a time.
• In order to decrease interaction with others, our lobby will remain closed and your therapist will come to your car to get your child for therapy. Families must text the appropriate number upon arrival. We have these numbers displayed on the windows at the clinic. In your text, please include your child’s name, along with your color and type of vehicle. Our office staff will text you back to let you know we received your text and someone will come out to take your child’s temperature. If your child’s temperature is normal, he/she will be signed in and your therapist will come meet you at your car as soon as possible.
PHONE NUMBERS FOR TEXTING
STARKVILLE LOCATION: 662.567.1411
COLUMBUS LOCATION: 662.426.1984
* Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your child’s appointment and pick up times. You must have your child and his/her supplies ready. DO NOT let your child out of the car before the therapist arrives as there will be many cars coming and going.
• DO NOT bring your child to therapy if you, your child or anyone in your family has been exposed to COVID-19. You have to be quarantined for 14 days following exposure.
* Do not bring your child to therapy if he/she has flu-like symptoms with or without fever. Our policy continues to be that a child must be free of fever (without the use of fever reducing medication) for 24 hours before returning to therapy. If your child has or has been exposed to anyone with flu-like symptoms, please call and cancel therapy. Per our current policy, you must call to cancel therapy as soon as possible, preferably 24 hours in advance.
• Infection control continues to be a high priority at Kids Therapy Spot, and we want to let you know we are doing everything in our power to minimize and eliminate unnecessary exposure to COVID-19 and other illnesses. We will continue our practice of consistent hand washing and disinfecting our building surfaces, equipment and toys.
Kids Therapy Spot has two locations. The first clinic is located in Starkville, MS and the second clinic is located in Columbus, MS. Kids Therapy Spot consists of Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists. Each of us have been therapists for quite some time and have treated children for many years. We treat children from birth to around 16 years of age with a wide range of conditions. Some of these conditions include a variety of syndromes, congenital birth defects, prematurity, global developmental delays, TBI, along with feeding, musculoskeletal, and neurological disorders. The therapists at Kids Therapy Spot use a play based approach to help each child progress toward his or her optimal level of function. All of the therapists treat each child and his/her family with respect, dignity and compassion. Therapy sessions consist of skilled strategies and facilitation of age-appropriate activities, along with in depth caregiver education. This education is aimed at teaching caregivers ways to perform skills to be practiced at home on a daily basis. Each child is a joy to us, and we genuinely want each of them to achieve the very best in life!
We accept most insurances, MS Medicaid, insurances associated with the MSCAN program and work through Early Intervention (Birth-3 population).